During winter time it may be beautiful outside with snow on the ground and icicles hanging from rooftops but along with it, comes the dreaded cold and flu season. Make sure to eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your vitamins and nutrient intake up and to stay healthy! Since your mouth is a common way for germs and bacteria to enter your system, here are some toothbrush tips to keep them away!
- Wash your hands before and after brushing your teeth
- Let your toothbrush air dry after each use, this can help reduce harmful bacteria from lingering on your toothbrush
- Store the toothbrush in an upright position to allow water to drain and dry faster
- Keep your siblings healthy by storing your toothbrushes separately so that germs do not pass between brushes.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months.
Dr. Heder and Dr. Zee, our pediatric dentists, and the Kids Dental team hope these toothbrush tips help you stay healthier and keep those pearly whites sparkling clean!