Many changes have had to be made in our everyday life due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Our hearts go out to the parents who are now at home juggling the roles of provider, teacher and caretaker all at once. Our team of pediatric and orthodontic specialists at Kids Dental want to ensure that you and your child stay well informed during this time and know that we are here to help with any questions about your child’s oral health.
On March 15, The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario released in a statement that “all non-essential and elective dental services should be suspended immediately.” Until these restrictions can be lifted, we’re only authorized to provide our patients with emergency care. We understand that you may have some concerns about what that means for your child’s oral health. By going to our website, you can start a live chat with us at any time, or you can email us with any questions. Please email Dr.Zee directly if you believe your child has a dental emergency.
Oral Care At Home
You may not be a leading pediatric dentist, but there are many things you can do at home to help your child improve their oral health. If your child is over the age of three, follow these tips to make sure they maintain good oral hygiene:
- If your child is under the age of seven, help them brush their teeth
- Supervise your child until good habits are built
- Make sure they brush their teeth at least 2 times a day
- Ensure they floss after brushing
- Only use a pea-size amount of toothpaste
- Encourage them to eat healthy food and keep high sugar drinks to a minimum
- Be enthusiastic about brushing! Treat your child to a flavoured toothpaste or new toothbrush to get them excited
We encourage you to email email@example.com if you need any assistance in treating your child at home or have any questions about their oral health. If you’re looking for a children’s dentist in Stouffville, Markham or Richmond Hill, go to kidsdentalgroup.ca to find more information and specific contact information about our locations.