The first day of winter is coming! Although it feels like winter has already hit us with the snow and temperatures over the last few weeks, December 21st is the first official day! Given the change in season, we want you to feel prepared with your kids. To help out we’ve got some winter safety tips to remember.
– Dress kids with an extra layer of clothing than you would for an adult
– Keep exposure to cold temperatures at a minimum
– Load up on winter accessories (hats, scarves, mittens and warm boots make all the difference)
– Encourage your children to wash their hands frequently. This will minimize germs and help prevent them from “catching a cold”.
– Teach your kids to sneeze or cough into the bend of their arm to prevent spreading germs.
– Supervise outdoor winter activities
– Stay dry when playing outside. Wet clothing can lead to one unhappy kid!
While these are all helpful tips for the winter season, one very important one for winter (and all year long) is to check in on your child’s oral health care. Just like you would prepare them for winter, prepare your kids for a lifetime of good oral health with us at Kids Dental Group! Contact our offices in either Richmond Hill, Markham or Stouffville. We would love to see those beautiful smiles this season!